If you are a hard-working, dedicated individual who is passionate about making a difference to someone’s life, then a career in care may be perfect for you.
However, if you’re not sure that you hold the right qualities and skills to become a carer, take a look at our advice and why joining Minster Home Care could be the best option for you.
Who Can Become a Carer?
Anyone who has a passion for making a difference to someone else’s life can become a carer. However, if you’re still not sure that it might be a good fit for you, here are some of the other skills you may need to have to establish a career in care:
A career as a carer can have many perks when it comes to flexibility, as you can often choose whether you would prefer part-time or full-time shifts and often schedule this around your family life or other commitments. However, sometimes your client may need your assistance with little or no notice and you may have to be prepared for this.
Good at Communicating and Listening
A vital aspect of home care is to ensure that the needs of the people you care for are consistently met. You’ll be visiting people from all walks of life and it is imperative that you are able to communicate effectively with them to ensure they are receiving the right care and are able to trust and rely on you.
Additionally, companionship is a key component of domiciliary care work. Often, the people you care for may see you as a friendly face and someone to chat to about their day, so being a good listener is key.
Why Choose Minster Home Care?
Minster Home Care is a family-run home care business based in York. We are passionate about delivering high quality care to the people who need it in the comfort of their own homes.
Our exceptional team are made up of reliable, trustworthy and hard-working carers who dedicate their careers to making a difference in the lives of the people they care for. If this sounds like you, here are some of the reasons why you should join the Minster Home Care family:
- Flexible Hours – The hours you work are flexible and can fit around your schedule, whether you have a busy family life or a second job, we will aim to fit your lifestyle around your work.
- Training – Full training and information on all of our policies and procedures will be provided to you as an employee of Minster Home Care.
- Pay and Expenses – As a valuable employee, you will be paid well in excess of the National Living Wage and business mileage expenses can also be claimed, tax-free.
- Technology – We use the latest care technology as standard, including the latest computer software so you can update your clients’ care plans, log your working hours and update your mileage expenses with little worry.
- Uniform – When you begin your journey with us, we will provide you with a brand-new bespoke uniform and relevant supplies to make your job as easy and as professional as we can.
To find out more about how you can join the Minster Home Care family, or if you or your loved one would like to learn more about our services, call us on 01904 929 080 or visit our contact page.